REGISTRATIONThank you for your interest in the American Airlines Talent Runway. To register, please enter your details below and then click the "Submit" button below.
Privileged & confidential Last Reviewed June 4, 2019
- Collection of Your Personal Information
- Use of Your Personal Information
- With Whom Your Personal Information May Be Shared
- Cookies and Web Beacons
- Retaining Your Information
- Obtaining Your Consent
- Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information
- Information for Users from the European Union and Switzerland
Collection of Your Personal Information
Any personal information that you submit to us on this job application website (including any CV or résumé that you upload to this website), or information collected from other sources, will be collected and processed by American, to the extent permissible by relevant, applicable law. This includes without limitation:
- Recruitment information – cover letter, resume, educational background, professional background, sex/gender, date of birth, ethnicity to the extent allowed or required by applicable law, nationality, areas of interest (e.g., legal, HR, IT, and so forth).
- Contact information – name, telephone number, home address, personal e-mail addresses, national identification information.
- Career and job performance information - job level/position, details of skills and experience from the referrals provided.
- Background check information – if authorized by you and to the extent allowed by applicable law – information about judicial disputes and criminal records.
- Automatically collected information – information collected via cookies, Web beacons, or similar technologies; IP address; browser name; operating system details; domain name; date, time of visit and pages viewed.
- Public-Facing Information – publicly available social media profiles, content from external job bulletin boards.
In addition, if you are a flight attendant trainee, we may collect and process additional information about you, including personality test results and video interviews.
Use of Your Personal Information
American will use the personal information provided in this job application and information collected from other sources, including:
- Recruitment – to evaluate your application for employment with American, communicate with you about your application, conduct any necessary or appropriate background checks, comply with our diversity policy, manage any aspects of your prospective employment relationship with American.
- Comply with legal obligations – to the extent allowable by applicable law – to comply with our administrative or human resources obligations in connection with litigation or an internal investigation or audit.
- Validation of submitted information – to verify personal information by contacting your references.
- Analytics and improving our services – to analyze your use of, and to improve, this job application website or the flight attendant training process, and job applicant and recruitment processes.
With Whom Your Personal Information May Be Shared
In order to use your personal information for the purposes set forth above, your information may be disclosed to various personnel within American, including without limitation human resources and payroll/accounting staff, managers, as well as American's affiliates, external consultants, third-party vendors, and other advisers or persons when necessary (such as leadership coaches, tax and benefits advisors, and medical personnel).
Please also note that this job application website is powered by a third-party service provider. We may also engage other third parties to help us undertake activities such as managing and analyzing our job applications, helping applicants find future job opportunities with us, analyzing your use of this job application website, and helping us stay in contact with you if you use this website. Any personal information provided as part of your job application with American may also be processed by those third parties on behalf of American. American does not permit our third-party service providers to use or disclose your personal information for their own purposes.
Additionally, American may disclose your personal information to courts, law enforcement, or other government agencies in order to comply with legal and regulatory requests. Such information may be disclosed to:
- Protect your or American's legal claims and interests.
- Defend against potential or actual litigation.
- Abide by applicable law, regulation or contracts.
- Respond to a court order, American administrative process or judicial process including, but not limited to, a subpoena or a search warrant.
- Comply with American's obligations where it is registered with any governmental agency.
Cookies and Web Beacons
There are four types of cookies used on this job application website:
- Essential cookies – These cookies enable you to use this job application website. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse the website and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the website.
- Preference cookies – These cookies allow us to store information about your website preferences, such as your preferred language or location. Without these cookies, our website may not be able to remember certain choices you've previously made or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use this job application website such as the pages you visit while you use it. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages.
- Feature and service cookies – These cookies allow us and our third-party partners to improve this website and to provide specialized services to you, such as sharing via social media.
We also may use technologies called beacons (or "pixels") that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We may use beacons for purposes such as to analyze and improve this job application website.
Retaining Your Information
If you fill in, but do not submit an online job application (i.e. by pressing the "submit" button), we will not retain the data that you have provided in the online application form. It is only by submitting your application to American (and/or providing us personal information during flight attendant training, if you are a flight attendant trainee) that we will gain access to your data and consider your application for potential employment.
If you are unsuccessful with the application that you submit to us or in securing full-time employment after flight attendant training, we reserve the right to retain your details for a period of time, so that we may, among other things, assess your suitability for potential employment opportunities with American that may arise in the future. If you would prefer that we do not retain your information for this purpose, you have the opportunity, where afforded by applicable law, to opt out of this process by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Obtaining Your Consent
When collecting personal information from you, American will inform you whether the requested information is voluntary. If you choose not to provide certain information, this may impact our ability to process your application.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information
Where required by local law, you may have the right to access, request a copy of, update, transfer or port, restrict the processing of, or request that we delete your personal information. You may also have the right to object to our processing of your personal information. To exercise these rights please email us at Privacy@aa.com. When we receive a request to exercise one of these rights, we will indicate what personal information we require from you to validate your identity. We will also provide information on the action we intend to take on the request without undue delay and no later than 30 days from receipt of the request where required by local law. This time may be extended by an additional two months in certain circumstances, for example, where requests are complex or onerous. Please note, these requests are subject to applicable legal, ethical reporting, or document retention obligations imposed on us.
When you provide us with your information, you acknowledge that this information may be stored, transferred, and processed on servers located anywhere in the world, including either inside or outside of the U.S. or the European Union or Switzerland.
Users from the European Union and Switzerland
Controller of Personal Information
To the extent that American Airlines, Inc. is subject to the laws of the European Union and Switzerland when processing personal data (“Personal Data”), it shall be the “data controller” under such laws.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
- necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable employment laws or accounting rules or to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement);
- necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the website);
- necessary for the performance of a contract between you and American, if applicable;
- to protect the vital interests of you or another person;
- to perform a task carried out in the public or substantial public interest (for example, to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants or conduct a background check to the extent allowed or required by applicable law); and
- where legally required and we have no other valid legal basis to process Personal Data, we will use consent (for example, to share information with certain third parties), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time (by Privacy@aa.com) without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
The nature of American’s business means that the Personal Data collected through the website, or from other sources, will be transferred to the United States. Also, the American personnel and some of the third-parties to whom we disclose Personal Data (as set out above) may be located in the United States and other countries outside of the European Union or Switzerland, including in countries that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We take appropriate steps to ensure that recipients of your Personal Data are bound to duties of confidentiality and we implement measures such as standard data protection contractual clauses to ensure that any transferred Personal Data, remains protected and secure. A copy of these clauses can be requested by emailing Privacy@aa.com.
If you have other questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, or if you wish to issue a request to exercise your rights where applicable by law, please contact our Privacy Office at Privacy@aa.com. Please provide your name and contact information along with the request. Alternatively, inquiries may be mailed to the following address:
c/o Privacy Office
4333 Amon Carter Blvd., MD 5675
Fort Worth, Texas 76155 USA
(a) Effective Date
This policy is effective on and was last reviewed June 4, 2019.